Let's Start With How Air Moves Inside Your Home
- HVAC (heating/ventilation/air conditions) systems move air in and around which means they will almost certainly bring in dust, debris, and dirt.
- Over time the ducts through which the air circulates are going to get layers upon layers of built-up dirt and dust, pollen and mold spores, and even insects and rodent droppings.
- Humid environments can facilitate mold growth in your air duct system, particularly if air conditioning has been shut off for an extended period and the air in the home has been allowed to warm
Results – WITHOUT Air Duct Cleaning
If any of your family members are experiencing unusual or unexplained symptoms or illnesses it’s possible that the issue could be your home’s environment.
There are consequences to having a less-than-clean environment including:
- Nasal congestion
- and many more health issues (You should discuss any of these situations with your doctor)
The EPA has published guidance on identifying possible indoor air quality problems related to ducts that are not as clean as they should be.
As per the EPA, there are several key signs that your air ducts need a thorough cleaning, including:
- Mold growing of inside the air ducts
- The infestation of small unwanted pests and insects in the air ducts
- If the air ducts are clogged with dust and other debris
How Uncleaned Air Ducts Affect Your Health and Overall Cleanliness
- They can decrease the air quality of your home environment Cleaning air ducts can improve the overall health of all your family members. Medical research show that patients suffering from pulmonary health issues improved when air ducts were cleaned frequently.
- Frequently, allergies, sore throat, colds and coughing can be caused or made worse by poor air quality caused by allergens and other bacteria caused by uncleaned ducts.
- People with asthma and other allergies can be particularly affected, especially kids, the elderly and newborns who are very sensitive to air quality issues.
- Pet dander, dust, pollen, and other allergens can build up in the ducts and then be blown throughout the home.
- There is some evidence that contaminated air can actually speed up the aging process
- Rodents and insects can find a home where you DON’T want. They often carry disease, bite, get into your home, and even eat your food.
- Mildew and mold in your air ducts can spread a musty odor in your home
Decreased Efficiency of Your HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) System:
- Dirt and other debris can hinder the efficient functioning of the HVAC equipment
Dust That Never Goes Away:
- One key sign that the air ducts are in need of cleaning is the reappearance of dust on furniture and other items in your home right after you have dusted. When the ducts are dirty, they will deposit new dust (and allergens) even on the same day that dusting took place
Don’t take the risk of not cleaning your air ducts. Their cleanliness is critical to have a safe and clean home environment. Contact Air Duct Cleaning & Radon Co and schedule an inspection TODAY!